Home > Version History
- Fixed setting of DPI in EXIF photo information when DPI value changed.
- Fixed automatic check for updates so that it does not crash when retrieving setting from Windows registry if user does not have access.
- Added Czech translation corrections.
- Applied minor UI fixes to buttons.
- Changed browse for folder dialog in Windows Vista to be old style as new style pre v2.08.
- Changed default selected Filename option to be "Create copies".
- Changed rotations to be applied before resize.
- Added "Center image in target resolution" resize setting.
- Added "Insert symbol option" to watermarks to add copyright, registered, trademark and other common symbols to text watermarks.
- Fixed reloading of saved rotation settings.
- Fixed display of text watermark setting textbox.
- Fixed problem with Auto-rotate feature that caused images without EXIF Orientation setting not to be resized. (Professional Edition)
- Applied minor UI fixes to buttons.
- Changed browse for destination folder and browse for Add from folder dialogs for Windows 7+ to be Windows 7 style.
- Added Fit to window/original size toggle buttons to Preview window.
- Added slider bar for watermark rotation. (Professional Edition)
- Minor UI updates.
- Fixed high CPU usage issue when running Fotosizer.
- Added setting to Options window to turn off sorting on photo list for adding and removing images.
- Added corner radius setting for rounded corners. (Professional Edition)
- Updated Turkish translations.
- Updated Dutch translations.
- Fixed Image watermarks being clipped. (Professional Edition)
- Fixed Watermark position so watermarks are not cropped when using rounded corners setting. (Professional Edition)
- Added Shadow setting to text watermarks. (Professional Edition)
- Updated Chinese (Simplified) translations.
- Fixed truncation of text watermarks when using the "Elephant" font. (Professional Edition)
- Added "Force lower-case file extensions" to Destination settings.
- Added "Resize by one side" resize setting to allow resizing by Width, height, Longest side, or shortest side only.
- Added parameterized text watermarks using the "Insert Variable" button to add variables the same as Filename mask. (Professional Edition)
- Fixed rounded corners setting so that line border not drawn around image. (Professional Edition)
- Fixed Save to Compressed ZIP file feature so that extracting image files from the ZIP file using WinZip does not cause an error. (Professional Edition)
- Fixed Image watermark rotation so that it no longer gets clipped in Professional edition.
- Fixed Image watermark positioning in Professional edition.
- Fixed Text watermark positioning in Professional edition.
- Added "After resize" filename display in Image selection list tiles, showing the filename after the filename mask has been applied.
- Updated Russian translations.
- Applied minor UI updates.
- Fixed "Add Images" so that photos in iPhone folders are displayed in the Open File Dialog.
- Fixed batch rotation so that it does not apply horizontal or vertical flip.
- Updated Portuguese Brazilian translations.
- Added slider bars for change of quality and dpi Miscellaneous settings section.
- Fixed problem with having just %N in filename mask that didn't replace number correctly.
- Fixed Auto rotate in Professional edition.
- Fixed preview to show when Negative effect is applied.
- Fixed problem with settings sections being displayed too small when Windows Large font sizes are enabled.
- Minor UI changes for text alignment.
- Fixed problem with conversion from transparent PNG images to JPEG images that caused black background to be saved. Now saved with white background.
- Fixed problem saving some images that caused grey/black border to be added to the images.
- Added Close "X" button to Preview changes window.
- Updated Dutch translations.
- Added export to CSV file of resized file list on completion of resizing operations.
- Minor UI changes including new icons.
- Corrected some of the size calculation logic that was slightly different from previous versions of Fotosizer.
- Fixed problem with resizing over existing images that caused the file not to be saved.
- Updated Dutch translations.
- Re-added support for drag and drop of folders into Fotosizer.
- Updated UI.
- Added Preview changes window.
- Added ability to rotate individual images.
- Added Details, Preview pane and Thumbnail views to photos list.
- Added sorting to columns in Details view of photos list.
- Added ability to apply text and image watermarks to photos. (Professional version)
- Added ability to rotate photos automatically using the camera orientation metadata stored with the photo.
- Added ability to apply colour adjustments (Brightness, contrast, hue, saturation). (Professional version)
- Added ability to save to compressed zip file. (Professional version)
- Changed saving filename options to be more intuitive, giving options to save as original, created copies, or custom filename.
- Added ability to apply rounded corners to photos. (Professional version)
- Added ability to resize using print measurements (cm, mm, inches).
- Improved loading performance of photos into photo list by using cached thumbnails that load on-demand.
- Added "Open Destination Folder" button to Resize progress dialog to open the destination folder after the photos have been resized.
- Added adjustable splitter between photos selection list and settings.
- Added Chinese Simplified translations.
- Fixed problem with resizing some JPEG photos that caused Fotosizer to crash.
- Added corrected Russian language translations.
- Added corrected German language translations.
- Added corrected Italian language translations.
- Fixed resizing of Transparent PNG images to maintain the transparency.
- Added corrected Hungarian language translations.
- Fixed minor UI issue.
- Fixed error when clearing the width and height boxes. Now defaults to 1px or 1% if cleared.
- Added expand and collapse of settings sections when clicking on section headings.
- Removed Dealio toolbar from installer.
- Added percentage presets to Resize preset list (10%,20%,25%,30%,40%,50%,60%,70%,80%,90%,100%,125%,150%,200%,400%).
- Added destination folder into tooltip for Destination folder selection box.
- Added Donate link in header of Fotosizer application window.
- Fixed resizing so that even if an image file is read-only it will still get resized and saved.
- Added Finnish language translations.
- Fixed drag and drop of image files into images list so that Chinese characters in filenames are supported.
- Added iPhone 4/4S preset size.
- Added Email 1024x768 preset size.
- Fixed problem with installer that caused error when Fotosizer is still running. Now prompts to close Fotosizer before continuing with the setup.
- Added options to turn off thumbnails in image selection list.
- Improved image list load performance.
- Added Swedish language translations.
- Added corrected Russian language translations.
- Added corrected Czech language translations.
- Fixed resizing 16-bit and 32-bit bitmaps to JPEG that previously resulted in a 0KB file.
- Fixed installer to launch Fotosizer with non-elevated privileges so that drag and drop into Fotosizer works after Fotosizer is run from the installer.
- Rolled back fix for improving resize quality so that it is the same as previous versions, default is 75% quality.
- Minor UI updates.
- Fixed problem with resizing transparent PNG images where transparency is lost.
- Fixed problem with resizing/converting a PNG image to JPG where it resulted in a zero size file.
- Fixed resizing to improve resulting JPEG quality so that it still remains the same as the original image.
- Added Latvian language translations.
- Added Hindi language translations.
- Added Vietnamese language translations.
- Added Czech language translations.
- Added Arabic (Saudi Arabia) language translations.
- Added Portuguese (Portugal) language translations.
- Added Folder path Edit box to Add Folder and Destination Folder Selection dialogs.
- Removed New Folder button on Add Folder dialog.
- Fixed text alignment problem on buttons for Asian languages.
- Fixed initial expanded state of settings boxes after install.
- Fixed initial setting of image types for Add Folder after first install.
- Added ability to choose which image types get selected when using the Add Folder option, in the Options Dialog.
- Added ability to save original EXIF and XMP photo informations such as Date taken, Camera model, etc. with resized images.
- Minor user interface tweaks.
- Fixed problem with %NN filename mask resulting in 1N.
- Corrected Dutch translation of Print DPI text.
- Changed to remember window width, height and maximized settings.
- Changed to remember the settings boxes that are expanded.
- Changed to remember the optional settings tab open.
- Fixed problem with Unicode text of checkboxes not displayed corrected on Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Added Optional setting to change Print DPI of images.
- Moved Change Quality setting into Optional Settings->Misc section.
- Fixed Add Folder option to detect TIF images in a folder as well as the other supported image types.
- Added Greek language translations.
- Fixed resizing of JPEG images to PNG that caused quality to be degraded.
- Added Serbian (Latin) language translations.
- Changed size of Fotosizer window to fit inside smaller screen resolutions found on netbooks.
- Fixed problem with trying to resize images with large dpi.
- Fixed problem with resizing certain transparent png files that caused crash.
- Fixed so Fotosizer does not get closed by Data Execution Prevention (DEP).
- Added Hungarian language translations.
- Added Romanian language translations.
- Added ability to have leading zero's with %N filename mask by using multiple N's, i.e. %NN = 01, %NNN=001.
- Added HDTV resolutions to preset resize list.
- Fixed problem with images not being saved correctly when converting to gif.
- Fixed application crash when resizing with unchanged dimensions.
- Made minor UI changes to Resizing dialog to stop slow refresh.
- Added Sepia Effect to convert photos to sepia colouring.
- Changed to remember last folder used to add photos.
- Changed resizing to save images with lowercase file extension.
- Added Korean language translations.
- Made corrections to Chinese language translations.
- Made corrections to Ukrainian language translations.
- Added Dutch language translations.
- Fixed initial active state of Quality entry box when Change quality option is checked.
- Other minor UI updates.
- Added Russian language translations.
- Added Ukrainian language translations.
- Added Chinese Traditional language translations.
- Fixed problem with %N File name mask that caused numbering to incorrectly start at 2.
- Added translations for Automatic update message for new version of Fotosizer available to all languages.
- Added ability to select and resize images with non-English text in the filename, on an English version of Windows.
- Made corrections to German translations.
- Improved performance of loading images into image list for Add Image and Add Folder.
- Added Polish language translations.
- Improved performance of Remove/Remove All operation.
- Fixed installer to correctly uninstall the Fotosizer Desktop shortcut.
- Fixed manual entering of destination folder.
- Added use of "Ctrl+A" key press to select all images in the image list.
- Fixed problem with Add Folder that caused a crash on some computers.
- Fixed resizing so that if new dimensions can never go below 1 pixel.
- Added minor UI tweaks.
- Fixed "Do not enlarge if smaller" setting so that checking/un-checking refreshes the after resize text in the images list.
- Made corrections to Turkish translations.
- Added Brazilian Portuguese translations.
- Added Turkish translations.
- Changed so that on resizing, creation date of original image is maintained.
- Added removing of selection of images by pressing the "Delete" key.
- Added "Do not enlarge if smaller" setting that stops image being resized when new dimensions are smaller than original dimensions.
- Added Italian translations.
- Changed setup to install all available language translations.
- Merged Custom resize and Percentage of original options into one section.
- Fixed application icon to correctly show 256 colour icon.
- Changed resize behaviour when using custom resize or preset resize to be "resize to fit".
- Changed so that DPI settings of an image are maintained after resizing. Previously, was set to 72DPI after resize.
- Added translated test to resize progress dialog.
- Added other minor UI tweaks.
- Fixed rotation, Flip horizontal and Flip Vertical optional settings.
- Changed to maintain existing file creation date when saving to the same filename.
- Fixed colour of Optional settings tabs on window resize.
- Added resizing support for TIFF Image format.
- Added "Duplicate source image folders" feature.
- Fixed the crash that happens on some computers when clicking the Destination Folder button.
- Improved load performance for image thumbnail list.
- Made corrections to French language translation.
- Fixed problem introduced in last release that caused Fotosizer to crash on startup in Windows 2000.
- Fixed problem with settings not being auto-saved on exit.
- Changed bundled Dealio Shopping Toolbar installation to allow Yahoo search integration.
- Added initialisation of default settings on first use.
- Added French, German and Spanish translations.
- Added Options dialog to give ability to change language, auto check for updates setting.
- Fixed resizing of "Resize Settings section when expanded.
- Fixed issue with some JPEG images not loading into the image list causing an error.
- Fixed "Percentage of original" option label not being displayed.
- Added new Resize setting "Preset size" allowing quick resizing to preset sizes including iPod and PSP screen sizes.
- Rearranged Resize settings section to make it less cluttered with new settings.
- Added auto-save of output format selection.
- Fixed Multiple selection of images in Image selection list.
- Fixed issue on Windows Vista that caused Fotosizer to hang when clicking an image in the image selection list.
- Added number of images count above the image selection list.
- Added "[same as original]" Destination Folder, that allows the images to resized to their original location(s).
- Added Output Format selection list to choose the image format the resized images get converted to.
- Fixed resize progress dialog so that it displayed a "Finished" caption to indicate that the resize was successful, as it was previously confusing whether the images had or hadn't been resized.
- Improved speed to load photos into Image selection list.
- Changed thumbnail creation in image selection list to display portrait images correctly.
- Fixed flicker on Windows Desktop when starting Fotosizer.
- Added "tick" indicator icon on settings sections to indicate when settings are being used. Previously it was not obvious if the settings were to be used if the section was collapsed.
- Changed header title look to be consistent with Fotosizer website.
- Added "Negative" effect to optional settings that converts to photo to a negative.
- Fixed "hang" on startup, as seen on some computers where the Fotosizer window failed to display the buttons, etc. correctly.
- Fixed bug with "Auto check for updates" feature that caused Fotosizer to hang on startup when no internet connection present.
- Fixed bug with clearing custom width and height boxes that caused crash.
- Added "Reverse width and height by orientation" setting that reverses the width and height settings, allowing images of different orientation (portrait and landscape) to be resized at the same time.
- Added "Flip Horizontal" and "Flip Vertical" settings.
- Added "Rotate 90 degrees Counter Clockwise" and "Rotate 90 degrees Clockwise" settings.
- Renamed "Convert to Greyscale" to "Convert to Black & White"
- Fixed bug in "Auto-save" of settings on exit that was not saving settings when clicking the 'X' in the top right corner of the Fotosizer window.
- Added "Auto check for updates" feature on startup of Fotosizer.
- Added optional "automatically check for updates to Fotosizer" setting to setup.
- Added "Auto-save" of settings on exit.
- Added loading of previously used settings on startup.
- Fixed folder selection so that the selected folder is remembered whilst Fotosizer is running.
- Added "Only use if folder different from original" option under Filename mask field to only apply the filename mask if the image file already exists in the destination folder.
- Fixed Fotosizer window resizing
- Limited Fotosizer window to a minimum size
- Added Online Help link
- Changed maintain aspect ratio behaviour to correctly resize width and height based on aspect ratio of each image
- Added "After resize:" labels to Image preview list, dynamically changing width and height as the settings change
- Included optional install of Dealio Comparison Shopping Toolbar
- Fixed uninstaller to correctly remove Fotosizer program group on Windows Vista
- Added optional creation of Desktop shortcut to setup
- Added optional creation of Quick Launch Bar shortcut to setup
- Removed dependence on MSCOMCTL.ocx allowing Fotosizer to function correctly in Windows Vista.
- Added help button for Available 'Filename masks' next to selection box.
- Added ability to change the quality of the image based on percentage scale.
- Fixed problem with 'Maintain Aspect ratio' setting where custom height was changed to 0 when using regional setting decimal separator other than '.' in the case of Germany.
- Fixed uninstaller so that everything is removed on uninstall. Previously, 'Uninstall Fotosizer' link was left along with program group.
- Changed to get aspect ratio from first image loaded into list
- Added drag and drop of folders and files into Image list
- Added 'Filename mask' setting to allow resized images to be named with prefix/suffix, substituting fields such as new dimensions, date, etc.
- Removed dependence on COMDLG32.ocx
- Removed dependence on MSCOMCT2.ocx
- Added support for Truevision Targa (*.tga) file format
- Added 'Convert to Greyscale' optional setting